Monday, June 6, 2011

Where are the Spaceships?





    So, this month the Adult Book Club at Vestavia Hills Library in the Forest are reading a book called gods in Alabama.  This summer the adult program has a theme of Alabama. Anyways, the book is about a girl who returns home after so many after leaving Alabama. I hated it. I hated it alot. I thought the characters were unbelievable, unrelateable, and plain jerks. The only character I liked was Lena's (the main character) boyfriend's mother.  She was only in the book for about three or four pages, but she made an impression.  I thought it was awful.  The characters never lifted off the page for me. They were very two dimensional. The book was very jumbled. The plot wasn't very exciting in the least bit.
    Of course it may not be the book. Maybe it is just me. I like science fiction/fantasy, history, and Christian theology/religious books.  I didn't care for this book.  I just don't like this type of fiction. It wasn't very exciting. I need dragons, vampires, tormented hero, or anything of that sort. This book did not strike my fancy at all.

1 comment:

  1. I read this book a few years ago. I didn't enjoy it either. I think I agree with the fact that the characters were just jerks. I have picked up the habit of saying hello to new states I enter.

    ReplyDelete