Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Gunslinger

    So, I decided to branch out and start a new series. Last week I read a book called, Dark Tower: The Gunslinger by Stephen King. It is the first book in the Dark Tower series. I have wanted to read it for a while. I have an aunt who has talked about it a good bit. I thought it had an interesting premise, so I decided to give it a try. It takes place in a world that is somewhat similar to our own. The story is about a gunslinger (kinda like a knight), named Roland Deschain, pursuing an evil man referred to as the "Man in Black". Roland is also trying to get to the Dark Tower. I don't want to say too much about it for fear of giving away too much information. This book is a mixture of fantasy and western genre. I felt that the book was very clever and entertaining. However, it was really confusing. I am willing to give the series a chance, since there are many books in this series. Perhaps, it will make since as I read into it. I will say that this was an easy book to read. I knocked it out in a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment