Sunday, June 5, 2011

Reflections on my Internship

     So far I am really enjoying my internship at Vestavia Hills. They have me doing everything imaginable. I find the books that are on hold, replace the new magazines, helping put together a new computer lab, work with the children, and work with the teens. I have enjoyed learning about putting the computers together. I have to admit that it was pretty intimidating working with these at first. I have very little knowledge about hardware. But I have been hooking computers up and recording their serial numbers on an i-Pad (i-Pads are cool, but they are a little awkward at first.) I have really enjoyed working in the children's department. I spent several days making paper passports (each week the kids learn about a new continent). The other day I helped issue the passports. This week I have helped out with the the teen department a little bit. I helped the teen librarian, Terri, do read alikes for the library. A read alike is a suggested reading list, for example if you liked Harry Potter then you might want to try the Pendragon series. I had a fun time doing that. This Tuesday I will be working with the Teen department again as week kick off for summer reading with a Sumo Wrestling Tournament. It is going to be fun.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see their read alike list. Is it on their website or just something posted at the library?

    Glad you are enjoying your internship time, and it is great that you have been able to help in so many different areas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Carla, they are not online, yet. I will let you know when they are.

    ReplyDelete