Monday, May 9, 2011

The Eye of the World


So, I figured I should write about the books that I read since this is a library blog. A couple of days ago, I finished a book called, The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan. It is the first book in the Wheel of Time series. Well actually it is the second book if you include the prequel. But apparently you are not suppose to read the prequel until you have read most of the books in the series. Wikipedia lists The Eye of the World as the first book in the series. And you can't argue with Wikipedia. Anyways, a friend of mine, Lizzy Theris, let me borrow her copy of the book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was exciting and entertaining.  It is a fantasy book, so if you don't like fantasy then you probably should not read it. Since I have only read the first book, I don't think I have got an idea on the overarching plot of the series.  It is also really hard to describe in a few words as to what the book is about. Basically a small village comes under attack at the beginning of the book. It is discovered that an evil force wants something to do with three young men of the village. These men are named Rand, Perrin, and Mat. These men leave with an Aes Sedai (She is kinda like a witch. I think she is good. At least she was in this) and a Warder (A guy you don't want mad at you) to take them to a place of safety. They have many misadventures along the way. If you liked Lord of the Rings or anything like that than you probably would enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment