Sunday, July 15, 2012

Don't Mess with Libraries

    So, a few weeks ago an incredibly awesome article was published. Apparently, a New Mexican woman was in jail one day for not returning a few Twilight books and DVDs. The woman had the items checked out for two years. Click here for article. Although some of the people who commented on the article seem to think that the local government over reacted. I think otherwise. Those books and DVDs belonged to the library, and by extension belonged to the city. This woman had ample time  to return the library materials. Library materials are frequently stolen or patrons never return them. DON'T MESS WITH LIBRARIES!!!! If libraries are willing to put someone in jail over Twilight, imagine what they are willing to do to people who try to take a highly circulated romance novel or a Harry Potter audiobook. TURN IN YOUR BOOKS OR LIBRARIANS WILL GET YOU!
   
     Also, I wanted to share that a few weeks I had a dream that I was in a library (happens more often then I would like to admit). A dark evil force had entered the library. This dark force started eating up the books and the librarians. I had only one thing that I could do. I took out my most lethal weapon. I took out my library card. And with my trusty card I banished the dark force forever from our world. DON'T MESS WITH LIBRARIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment