Saturday, August 13, 2011

An End of an Era




    So, I recently saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. I have to say that it was a pretty emotional experience for me. My generation got to be apart of something special. We got to grow up with Harry Potter.  The books and movies were being written and filmed as we were in middles school, high school, and college.I was in middle school when I started reading the Harry Potter books. The first movie came out when I was in eighth grade.
     Harry Potter is wonderful and exciting to read. I recommend it to any one of all ages who like fantasy. I very deep connection to Harry Potter. I was never much of a reader before I started reading those books. Reading was very difficult for me. I had trouble with comprehension. Many books that my mom got me to read never gauged my interest. However, J.K. Rowling's books helped me love reading. I remember that Harry Potter was a way for me to escape from the real world. The first movie came out about a week after I had written a suicide letter in eighth grade.You see I was going through some rough times. I was diagnosed with depression. I also remember reading the third book  in the office when my parents were meeting with the counselors, teachers, and principals at the school. Harry Potter was a place I could go to where I didn't have to worry about bullies in PE, hard classes, and self image issues.
     It is almost a miracle in that Warner Brothers signed on to make movies from all seven Harry Potter books. The movies were so well done. J.K. Rowling was very involved in ensuring the movies were faithful adaptations. The movies aren't perfect. They leave out a lot of important details, but overall they were well done. I consider the movies as companions to the books. The acting was amazing. My personal favorites were Alan Rickman as Severus Snape(One of the greatest characters ever created) and Emma Watson as Hermione Grangier (aka my one true love). The effects were fantastic.  The musical scores were fantastic (I do wish John Williams could have done the score for all eight movies instead of just two).
     It is with a heavy heart that I say good-bye to Harry Potter. There has never been anything like and there will probably never be anything like it that will come about. I hope that J.K. Rowling does write again. I would like her to write another book that takes place in the Harry Potter world. However, even if she does not visit that world again, I know that whatever she writes will be brilliant.

If only you were real, Hermione.

One of the best HP characters. I wish he could have had more screen time.

I want to go to school at Hogwarts.


No comments:

Post a Comment