Monday, June 27, 2011

Interview with the Vampire



   So, I have wanted to read Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice for a while now. I enjoyed it very much. The premise of the novel is that a vampire named Louis recalls his life as a vampire to an unnamed news reporter. It was a very fast paced story. I was never bored and hated to put it down. Since this is a vampire book there was a lot of blood and gore. Any sex that is in the story is merely implied. Everything is up to your imagination. I felt that all the different relationships could be interpreted different ways. There was not a whole lot of cussing, which I appreciated. The last book I read, The Gunslinger, had several cuss words on every page. This book might bother you if you don't like violence, because there was a whole lot. Also, if you don't like vampires you won't like this book. Also, if you like vampires that appeared in Twilight, you probably won't like this book either. These vampires are not vegetarians. They feast on blood and some enjoy torturing people.
    If you enjoy books about myths,supernatural activities, or like real vampires (not ones with spiky hair) then you will like this book. I want to see the movie with Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise; however, I want to wait a while. There are a lot of other books in the series. I want to read those as well.

1 comment: